Friday, April 2, 2010

Meet Phenomenal Bean

Son of Phenantha Bean. Born 3/31/2010. This was the long awaited last birth of the season---one month behind the rest of the births. Phenantha is a beautiful type A pygora goat (Type A pygora goats have fleece characteristics like an Angora goat).


I'm so happy for Phenantha. She is a very good mother..proud and protective. Phenomenal is nursing well and already trying to keep up with the other kids -- who are way ahead of him.

Phenantha Bean is my only type A and white Pygora Goat. I'm guessing that Phenomenal Bean will have a type A fleece as well. I have found the type A fleece to be a pleasure to work -- it takes up color in dye with gusto and blends with the CVM to make a "very yummy" combination (visually and tactilely). I am planning on keeping Phenomenal as a buck. I have 3 does who are not related to him and have type B and/or type C fleece. They are: light brown, gray, and dark brown. I'm thinking it would be interesting to try breeding Phenomenal with these does. SO, I'll keep a close watch on this handsome young buck... and I'll keep you updated on his path.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful boy...would love to see pictures of him now. I bet he has yummy wool!

    Sarita

    ReplyDelete